Thursday, January 27, 2011

Reading: Wizard and Glass (The Dark Tower #4) by Stephen King


I'm currently reading Wizard and Glass - the fourth book of The Dark Tower series. I'll spend the next few days or so discussing the first three books, but I'm starting with the fourth one since it's my current read.

A short book description from Amazon:
The end is near.
Start at the beginning.

The Dark Tower saga builds to an explosive climax...
I cannot think of "Wizard and Glass" without thinking of the hundreds of commercials I saw for the Stephen King Book Club back in the day. If you joined, you got Wizard and Glass... (queue infomercial music) for FREE!

I understand it was a long wait between Dark Tower books. That's a wonderful thing about visiting old series, you can read them without the wait!

This book finds the Ka-tet at the hands of Blaine the Mono and a riddling contest. It's a chunky read; I'm hoping to learn more about our gunslinger, Roland in this one.

Are you a King fan? Have you read any of the Dark Tower books? Let me know!

Jennifer

Subscribe: rss Follow: twitter goodreads Contact: email

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Hop. The Dark Tower Series is a great bunch of books and it's long enough to keep you occupied for a while. Wizard and Glass is a bit of a story within a story, but it was actually one of my favorites. It's rumored that King is working on another book in the series similar to this one in that it will take place in Roland's past. Hopefully that pans out, might give me an excuse to read the whole series again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting. I had no idea he was considering writing another book. If he does, I'll be all caught up. Nice.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Twitter! RSS Feed Email Me! Friend Me on Goodreads! Follow Me on Instagram!

 
Powered by Blogger