Thursday, February 3, 2011

Book Review | Catching Fire (Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire is the highly praised sequel to Suzanne Collin's The Hunger Games.

Book Description (spoiler warning for Hunger Games!):
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.
This book was a complete surprise to me. I did not see the events coming, and Collins hit it out of the park. Again.

I said it in my review of The Hunger Games, but I'll say it again - this book (series) was a major page turner for me. At this point in the series I started buying extra copies for gifts.

If you haven't started the series yet, make it so.

⭐⭐
4/5 Stars


Additional topics of interest:
Book Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Movie News: The Hunger Games
Dystopian Book Reviews

Jennifer

Subscribe: rss Follow: twitter goodreads Contact: email

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this series for our challenge, I heard awesome things about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Mockingjay yesterday and am still trying to digest everything. I enjoyed Catching Fire and was very surprised by the conclusion. Also, I just started the Gunslinger and am anxious to read your reviews after I finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know what you think of The Gunslinger! I'm up to book 4 - I'd love to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Twitter! RSS Feed Email Me! Friend Me on Goodreads! Follow Me on Instagram!

 
Powered by Blogger