Thursday, April 21, 2011

Review: Unsavory Delicacies by Russell Brooks

Unsavory Delicacies is a quick and entertaining short story trilogy by Russell Brooks.  All three stories begin in a restaurant but end as unique and enjoyable tales.

Creme Brulee unveils the end of a covert operation and introduces us to Ridley Fox.

To The Last Bite chronicles the first glowing review of a food critic.  I'm glad I review books instead of food!  This one made me nervous (in a good way).

Ridley Fox is back in Shaslyk and Morozhenoe.  This time he is taking down the son of St. Petersburg's most powerful crime boss.

Each story in Unsavory Delicacies offers a fast delight, but the whole collection can also be enjoyed in one sitting.

Unsavory Delicacies is the first book I've read by Russell Brooks.  I look forward to checking out more of his work.

Amazon | Amazon UK | Smashwords | B&N | XinXii

Review copy provided by the author

Subscribe: Follow: Contact:

2 comments:

  1. These titles made me a bit hungry :) I'm not a short story fan but these sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis. I wouldn't recommend you eating while reading the second story, To the Last Bite.

    Russell Brooks
    Author of Unsavory Delicacies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow Me on Twitter! RSS Feed Email Me! Friend Me on Goodreads! Follow Me on Pinterest!

 
Powered by Blogger