Sunday, January 30, 2011

Book Chick City: Reading Challenges

I've decided to join a couple of fun challenges over at Book Chick City!

The first challenge I'm joining is the Mystery & Suspense Reading Challenge

Details Courtesy of Book Chick City

• Timeline: 01 Jan 2011 - 31 Dec 2011

• Rules: To read TWELVE (12) mystery & suspense novels in 2011 (12 is the minimum but you can read more if you wish!)

• You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.

• You can join anytime between now and the later part of next year.

• At the beginning of Jan 2011, you will find a link to specific month to add your reviews. There will be a monthly prize too courtesy of the lovely Simon & Schuster - you must be signed up to the challenge and add the link to your review to be entered into the monthly prize draw.


The second challenge is the 2011 Stephen King Challenge.  I'm so excited about this one.  I'd be reading Stephen King regardless, but I'm excited that so many others will be, too.  Stephen King discussions!  *Bliss*

Details
Courtesy of Book Chick City

• Timeline: 01 Jan 2011 - 31 Dec 2011

• Rules - There are two levels: Read either SIX (6) or TWELVE (12) Stephen King novels in 2011 (6 is the minimum but you can read more than 12 if you wish!)

• You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.

• You can join anytime between now and the later part of next year.

• At the beginning of Jan 2011, she will add a link so you can add your reviews.

• You don't have to have a blog to join in - for those without a blog just fill out a form and she will add you to the list - just join the discussion in the comments section to let us know when you've read a book and what you thought of it! :)

• You can also follow each other's progress and chat about the SK books you read on twitter too - just use #SKChallenge :)

If you are participating in either challenge, let me know!

Topics you might be interested in:
Reading: Wizard and Glass (The Dark Tower #4) by Stephen King
Book Review: The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower #1) by Stephen King

Jennifer

Subscribe: rss Follow: twitter goodreads Contact: email

5 comments:

  1. Did you see how many I am doing lol, think I am way over my head if they weren't crossover .

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! They are tempting! But you know me... I fall behind in the challenges so easy. You are awesome being able to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it wasn't for crossovers I don't think I could lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will take the challenge! I have only ever read 2 Stephen King books, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, and Insomnia, but I loved them both. Insomnia gave me insomnia! I've always wanted to read Pet Cemetary so I think I shall...I'm new to blogging, but I think I'll be visiting your often! Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ian - that's awesome. There are many great King books to be read! Pet Sematary is one of my favorites. I can't wait to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Twitter! RSS Feed Email Me! Friend Me on Goodreads! Follow Me on Instagram!

 
Powered by Blogger